This is one of the largest construction lots for the Brenner Base Tunnel, stretching from the Sill gorge near Innsbruck via the Ahrental valley to Navis.
Approx. 22.5 km of main tunnel tubes and 38 cross passages with a total length of about 2.3 km will be excavated in this construction lot. Lot H41 will be accessed mainly from the existing Ahrental lateral access tunnel. The works are to last 80 months, therefore until summer 2028.
This new lot is being carried out by a consortium which includes the companies Implenia Österreich GmbH, Implenia Schweiz AG, Webuild S.p.A, and CSC Costruzioni SA. The contract amount is 651 million Euro.
Main data on the H41 Sill Gorge-Pfons construction lot
- Start of the works in January of 2022
- Completion of the works expected in summer of 2028
- Construction companies: Implenia Österreich GmbH, Implenia Schweiz AG, Webuild S.p.A,
CSC Costruzioni SA
- Total kilometres of tunnel to be excavated: 24.8 km, including22.5 km of main tunnel tubes and 38 cross passages with a total length of about 2.3 km
- Contract amount: 651 million Euro