From 19th until 22nd October, BBT SE took part in the Italian Construction Fair SAIE in Bologna, having its own exhibition stand in the area of the Società Italiana Gallerie - SIG (Italian Tunnel Society Association).
This gave us the chance to give numerous fair visitors information about the Brenner Base Tunnel Project and the current progress state. Several BBT SE - employees were also given the chance to present specific themes regarding the project during a lecture series held on October 19th. It was very well received by an expert audience.
The following speeches focussing on the Brenner Base Tunnel were held:
- „Overview of the BBT project “ by Giuseppe Venditti, held by David Marini;
- „Planning and BIM-Modelling” by David Marini;
- „Integrative Safety courses held with Virtual Reality“ by Simone Cappelletto and Davide Zari;
- „Experiments on the use of the geothermal potential in the tunnel” by Matteo Lanconelli;
- „Project Management in public contracts“ by Alessandro Marottoli;
- „The Isarco underpass - the use of ground freezing techniques” by Antonio Celot.
In addition to the presentations aimed to deliver a general overview on the Brenner Base Tunnel Project, visitors to the BBT stand also had the unique opportunity to test our Virtual Reality system (VR).